Saturday 5 November 2011

Final Studio Photographs

Here is the first of my final images. I decided that I liked one of the ideas enough to use it as my final shot so I did not need to do much more editing. A new line of the Old England watches is called New Union, hence it reading New Union in the left hand corner. I could not find the exact font that Old England use on their watches, but I did notice that it was very similar to Old English. I downloaded the font and then, using Photoshop, I erased part of the letters so that it would look like Old England's font on their watches.
Overall, I am really pleased with the outcome of this. I think that it was a good idea to enhance the colours as it looks more modern and fitting to what I think the company would use now.



This is the second of my final images. I did alter the colours after the sample I made and I put more yellows into the highlights to give it a much older feel. I chose to use the Birch Standard font because I thought that it was fitting to the style of the image, the era of the record player and clothing. Unfortunately I could not find a nearer match to the His Master's Voice font the company used to use, but I am happy with what I found.
Overall, I think the image works well with the font. I also like that it looks like an old advertisement, which is what I was aiming for.


This is my last image. I was happy with how it turned out in Photoshop when I edited the colours. I managed to find a typeface that looked like the Danelectro font. I decided that I would try to make the font bend round one of the curves on the guitar. It took a long time for me to get the angle right and after I had done it, I found that it didn't look as good as I expected and was quite disappointed with it because I had taken an hour or so trying to get it right. I thought that I should leave it as it is because I did not want it to look like an effort had not been made with it. I am however, happy with how the image looks now, especially the light on the scratch plate.


No comments:

Post a Comment