Saturday 5 November 2011

Product Shot: Danelectro

For my studio session where I would be taking photographs of a Danelectro guitar I needed this equipment:

2x Bowens Gemini 750w
1x Matthews C stands with sandbag
1x Tripod
1x Shooting table
1x Nikon D90

I positioned the guitar on the shooting table with the light facing down onto it. These are the following images I narrowed down to the ones that I liked the most:

 I particularly like the angle of this, the fact that you can see the strings and part of the scratch plate. I also like that there is a bit of reflection on the pick up. (above)

 I think that this image is too bright. I think that this image could have been better by having more of the body of the guitar in the shot. (above)



Here I have edited the above 6 images on Photoshop to see what colour effects I could use on my final piece:

 On this image I have made the vibrance and contrast higher.
 I only lowered the saturation when I edited this image.
 I decided to experiment with a filter in this image and I chose a sepia filter for it. I also made the brightness higher.
 Here I made the contrast higher and used the colour balance tool to bump up the reds, greens and blues.
 For this image I lowered the saturation and made the extended the contrast.
This photograph has had the saturation lowered and the contrast put up to 100. I then used the contrast tool again and added an extra 30 to the contrast.

What I will do next: I plan to chose one of the above 6 images, find an appropriate font and apply an effect to one of the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment